Thursday, April 23, 2009

SF is not my abbreviation of choice

I was always a fan of "Frisco," although since I know nearly everyone disapproves of that; I usually just spell it all out. SFO would be the perfect candidate, except that people actually call the airport here by those call letters -- it would be like calling Los Angeles LAX, but I mean, I guess we already call it LA, and that is shorter ;D

Anyhow, now that that's out of the way, the point of this blog is basically that I am learning Spanish in addition to Japanese, now. Or at least, I hope in addition. My schedule isn't quite figured out yet with the new job, so it'll take some time to find a comfy fit. 

The main impetus for learning Spanish is that I had a big realization that I really don't want to leave the Mission, and if I'm committed to that, I might as well be committed to getting to know the neighborhood more, and learning how to talk to the neighbors. 

The first step is Pimsleur Basic - Advanced. All 100 lessons. So far I've done five and they are moving at a glacial pace. I guess that is probably just because I have taken Spanish before (in middle and high school, although I forgot pretty much everything). More on that later. Too sleepy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment